That’s why having an evacuation plan is so important.
Here’s how you can plan yours:
- Know your neighborhood (we know…duh!)
- Know at least 2-3 ways OUT of your neighborhood (anyway to get you to a main road).
- Know how to go from main road to your emergency contact’s home or an emergency shelter spot.
- Know how to get there WITHOUT your GPS.
- And know where your map is (hopefully in your emergency kit). If GPS fails you, having a physical paper map can give you ultimate peace of mind during these incredible stressful moments.
Got more questions about planning your evacuation route? No problem. Feel free to contact us directly, we've got you covered
If you have additional questions, send them our way!