Emergencies don’t wait until we’re ready and this couldn’t be more true than in a wildfire emergency. Wildfires happen FAST. And you may only have minutes to leave. So the more you can pack up now, the better you’ll be later.
You may not always be home when the wildfire evacuation alert comes through. So consider leaving an extra go-bag in your car or even at work in case you don’t have enough time to return home. There may be more that you’ll need to pack up at the last minute, but this is a list of all things you can pack IN ADVANCE!
Items you'll need while evacuating
- Extra phone chargers
- A marked map of your route
- Printed photos of your family and pets
Items you'll need after you've evacuated
- Clothes for 3-5 days
- Personal toiletries
- Extra glasses/contact lenses
- Daily medications
- Pet supplies
Items you'll need when you return home
- Interior AND exterior photos of your home
- An extra set of house keys
- A folder with all your important documents
- Your insurance provider's phone number
- Extra food and water
Have more questions about wildfire evacuations? No problem. Feel free to contact us directly, we've got you covered.
If you have additional questions, send them our way!