When you’re emergency prepping it’s crucial to remember these 3 things:
- You might lose access to power
- You might lose access to clean water
- You might have to leave your home to get to safety
What does that mean for you?
- You’ll want to make sure you have enough food and water in case you lose access to your lifelines (clean water and power).
- You’ll want to make sure you have the means to prepare the food you have in your pantry without the need of electricity or running water.
- You’ll want to make sure your stockpile (or at least the key items in it) are portable so that you have a way to pack up that food and bring it with you in case you need to evacuate your home.
Always make sure you have disposable plates, utensils and cups on hand. If you’re water resources are scarce, it’s important to save that water for hydration, first aid and cooking.
Have more questions about stockpiling, grocery shopping for emergencies, or emergency preparedness in general? No problem. Feel free to reach out to us directly. We've got you covered.
If you have additional questions, send them our way!